FETE DE LA MER AU CAP D'AGDE
Days / Schedules
From 27/07/2019 to 28/07/2019 : saturday, sunday (Samedi à partir de 20h30
Dimanche à partir de 10h00).
ProgrammIt is now a well-established custom in Cap d'Agde that alternates moments of emotion, recollection and celebration. The "Festival of the Sea" is a hymn to the Mediterranean, but a highlight to sailors and seafarers, thanks to the celebration of the Sunday Mass performed by Father Yannick Casajus, from the parish of Agde.
It is followed by the blessing of boats and the throwing of sheaves at sea in homage to the fallen sailors who are attended by many boaters and in particular by the families of the sailors. But the «Fête de la Mer» is also an opportunity to discover and appreciate local traditions with a jousting tournament in the evening.
- 8.30pm: Jouster parade - Start: Esplanade Pierre Racine
- 9pm: regional tournament of jousts Juniors «Challenge Patrice Mathieu» with the SNJA - Quai du Beaupré
- 10am > 1pm: travelling music on the quays of the Centre-Port.
- 10.30 a.m.: Mass - Quai du Beaupré
- 11.45 a.m.: going out to sea, blessing of the boats and a sheaf of flowers in memory of the missing sailors (reserved in priority for the families of the fishermen), accompanied by the Belles Agathoises - Quai Jean Miquel
- 9.30pm: Bal musette